Thursday, January 24, 2013

Can You Believe

Can you believe that Valentines Day is only 3 weeks away?  It really snuck up on me this year!  I'm trying to figure out something special that I can get for John.  He likes it when I make him stuff, but it usually gets tossed onto the pile of other stuff that I've made him throughout the years in his nightstand drawer and it's never seen again!  I would love to get him something that he really wants, but everything he wants is so expensive.  He's made comments about wanting another PS3 since Alex fried ours last year by trying to help me clean- he doused it in windex, haha.  He also wants an Xbox 360 but those are so darn expensive too.  Any good ideas out there?  What does your husband/boyfriend want for Valentines Day?

I've also been coming up with ideas for Alex's birthday party this year.  He wants an Avengers party so I've been all over looking for ideas.  Etsy has so many great party supplies nowadays.  Here's the invitation that I'm going to go with:


Fun, right?  You can find them here.

There are so many great printables on Etsy for cheap.  I'm going to use these to make some of my own favors.

You can find these here.


I'm planning to use the Cricut to make a majority of the decorations myself. The Crash, Boom, Pow Cartridge is absolutely perfect for a super hero party!

Here's a layout that I created with the Crash, Boom, Pow Cartridge last year.  Not only can you use the cartridge for a super hero party, you can use it for scrapbook pages of a crazy kid in an army costume as well!

Now that I'm planning Alex's 7th birthday party I figured that I'd better finish scrapbooking his 6th birthday photos now, or else they'll probably never get done!  Here he is with his "favorite present of all time" when he got his big car from us!


 This year he's not going to be as excited about his big present from us- we're going in on a new bedroom set for him with our parents.  He's not going to like it at first, but he'll come around.  He'll still get toys from his friends and his fabulous parents are throwing him a big sleepover birthday party to make up for it! ;)

I am off to continue making birthday decorations for my friend's son's birthday party and then I get to start in on making Valentines Day party decorations for Alex's class!  Does the party planning ever end? :)

8 comments:

Diana Waite said...

GREAT layouts and FUN ideas for a party!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loving those invite ideas!!! And love love love love your lo's!! Such fun colors and Alex is looking SO GROWN UP!!! How did that happen!?!?!?!

cathy said...

I glued these circle to the front of round suckers for B's party. Party City had the perfect size and they were cheap.

Jillian Cassity said...

Thank you Diana and Julie! :) Right, Julie?? When I look at photos from a couple years ago, I can't believe the difference! :) Brookie's getting so big too! I remember her when she was just a toddler. :)

Thank you Cathy, I'm going to have to make a trip to party city!

Doreen Vasquez said...

In answer to your question...my husband is getting NOTHING for Valentine's Day!! LOL!
That sounds mean but actually we don't buy each other presents, for any holiday or even birthdays. We just by ourselves what we want. This way we get exactly what we want and the other person doesn't have to stress out about buying a gift. We;ve been doing this, I think, 10 out of the 13 years we've been together and it works out fabulous!

Your ideas for Alex's party look so fun! And I have no doubt that you can pull it all off! I love those super hero cricut images! How fun for a boy, especially one as animated as yours! :0)

Can't wait to see more!

Mel said...

Such fun LO's Jill! Alex's birthday is going to rock!

Cathy said...

How did the party go???

javediqbal said...

Title:
The Best High Returns on Best Investment
Content:
Welcome to Make Money Online with best investment in Hedge fund day trading with high returns on Daily Interest the world best revenue sharing program in which High withdraw is only $5 which is on daily basis.
For More Details click the link below:
Yield Investment Program, Best Hyip, Best Investment, Hyip Monitor, Forex Fund, Daily Profit, Monthly Interest, Monthly Profit, Earn Money Online, Money Maker Group, Dream Team Money and like this much more and you can withdraw the amount throw referral commission, eCurrency Invest, LibertyReserve, Alert Pay and SolidTrustPay as well. Get 200% profit within 150 days and the minimum
Web Link:
http://www.whatacash.com

Display Name: whatacash