Sunday, January 6, 2013

Alex Loves Garfield, Plus New Pages!

Alex has recently developed an obsession for Garfield books!  My Aunt and Uncle gave him two for Christmas and he read them both in a day.  I've made a couple of trips to the bookstore these past couple of weeks to buy him a bunch more as well, he can't get enough of them!  He's always been a good reader but he always wants to read to John or I or have us read to him, he doesn't sit and read by himself.  Well, now that he's discovered Garfield books he sits by himself for hours and reads.  Even though they're comics it's still great that he's reading!  Plus who doesn't love Garfield?  I read them when I was little too!

I finally took photos of a couple of my new scrapbook pages!  These are the first ones that I've made in months.

I couldn't wait to scrap Alex's cute Christmas photos.

I used the Bella Blvd. Christmas collection on this one. I used the Cricut and the Theresa Collins Christmas Cartridge to make the large die cut.

Christmas photos from last year.  I used the Cricut again to create the title (Something to Celebrate), tree (Scandinavian Christmas), and journaling spot (Lacy Labels). Papers are October Afternoon's Christmas collection from last year.
Alex goes back to school tomorrow, we're both pretty bummed that Winter break is over.  We've had fun staying home together!  I'm sure he'll have fun spending time with his school friends again though. :)

2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love that he is getting into Garfield!! So FUN!! I love love love love your lo's!! They are gorgeous!!! I am loving the colors and all the layers!!

Doreen Vasquez said...

I was such a Garfield freak when I was little! I still kinda like him...but then I just love kitties in general! How great that Alex is getting into reading! Madi doesn't really like to read to herself either, unless it's a "Diary of a WImpy Kid" book...I guess whatever works, right?! Glad to see you scrapping again! Very nice layouts!